Old September 14th 03, 10:29 AM
Joseph Lee Jennings

Ron,

I checked the card and it is the albatron fx5200ep and it is the 64bit =
version.=20
One question would be why the mem bus would cause us not to be able to =
load a form with about a dozen bitmaps into system ram then to video. =
unless the 64bit bottlenecks when system ram tries to push it to video =
ram. this would be a design flaw in the video card subsystem i would =
think?

the older parts we used on the old motherboard was the abit gf2mx400 =
then the albatron gf2 mx400 but i will have to try and find out the =
exact part numbers as both mfg had 64bit and 128 bit versions of these =
cards as well.

unless it is the new 8xagp bus thinking it is faster than it is hence =
causing a bottleneck.=20

Joe

"Ron Merts" wrote in message =
Maybe, but probably not. I've used an eVGA FX 5200 (128Mb, 128-bit
datapath) and an eVGA FX 5900 Ultra on a 865PERLK motherboard with no
problems. On your video card, does it had 4 or 8 memory chips? If =

you see
only 4 then that's probably your culprit as you most likely have a =

64-bit
datapath version of the card - which equals REALLY slow performance =

video
wise.
=20
Ron
=20
"Joseph Lee Jennings" wrote in message
Ron,
=20
I went to the new p4 2.4 800fsb at the same time as for the memory i
originally was only
installing 1 stick of ddr400 and did not realize 2 was needed until =

the
other day. right now
the test machine has 2 256meg ddr400 and the bios shows us in dual =

mode as
well as 800fsb
the new board configuation i also have the gf fx5200ef by albatron. i =

tried
all the driver sets from
the latest back to 43.51 and it seemed to improve then after verifying =

it
somewhat worked better
with 43.51 it just quit working and i am back at a slow loading form.
we ordered a ati and a matrox card for today as my developer thinks it =

might
be a compatibility issue between nvidia cards and the intel 865perl
motherboard.
=20
=20
=20
"Ron Merts" wrote in message
Did you upgrade the CPU too, or are you still using the same CPU =

chip? If
you are using the original CPU then you really are only getting =

DDR266 or
maybe DDR333 speeds (320Mhz actually) so you are defeating the whole

purpose
of the DDR400 and Dual-channel memory. Also, make certain your =

DIMMs are
in
bank A and one in bank B (same position) or else you will be in
single-channel mode. If you have an "Intel board" going into the =

BIOS
setup
will tell you what speed your memory is running and if you are in
dual-channel or single channel mode.

Ron

"Joseph Lee Jennings" wrote in message
Hello,

I have been lurking in the newsgroup but i have hit a wall and =

wanted to
run
this by the experts. We have a form in our paradox 8 application =

that has
12
buttons with bitmaps and a section of the form is multab with 6 tabs =

that
are user selected based on the button pressed. the problem i have =

run in
is we have been using a intel 850e motherboard with a nvidia gf2 =

video
card
and drivers. recently i switched our hardware to a 865perl =

motherboard.
main
differences between the builds is 850e board was rdram and a 533fsb =

cpu.
the
new board is ddr400 and 800fsb. the old board had no problems with =

this
form
but the new hardware is having a hard time drawing the buttons and =

tabs.
again this is this one form within our app.
has anyone found a similar problem and fixed it?

thanks to all who respond
Joe

=20