Old September 12th 03, 09:05 AM
Ron Merts

Maybe, but probably not. I've used an eVGA FX 5200 (128Mb, 128-bit
datapath) and an eVGA FX 5900 Ultra on a 865PERLK motherboard with no
problems. On your video card, does it had 4 or 8 memory chips? If you see
only 4 then that's probably your culprit as you most likely have a 64-bit
datapath version of the card - which equals REALLY slow performance video
wise.

Ron

"Joseph Lee Jennings" wrote in message
Ron,

I went to the new p4 2.4 800fsb at the same time as for the memory i
originally was only
installing 1 stick of ddr400 and did not realize 2 was needed until the
other day. right now
the test machine has 2 256meg ddr400 and the bios shows us in dual mode as
well as 800fsb
the new board configuation i also have the gf fx5200ef by albatron. i tried
all the driver sets from
the latest back to 43.51 and it seemed to improve then after verifying it
somewhat worked better
with 43.51 it just quit working and i am back at a slow loading form.
we ordered a ati and a matrox card for today as my developer thinks it might
be a compatibility issue between nvidia cards and the intel 865perl
motherboard.

"Ron Merts" wrote in message
Did you upgrade the CPU too, or are you still using the same CPU chip? If
you are using the original CPU then you really are only getting DDR266 or
maybe DDR333 speeds (320Mhz actually) so you are defeating the whole

purpose
of the DDR400 and Dual-channel memory. Also, make certain your DIMMs are

in
bank A and one in bank B (same position) or else you will be in
single-channel mode. If you have an "Intel board" going into the BIOS

setup
will tell you what speed your memory is running and if you are in
dual-channel or single channel mode.

Ron

"Joseph Lee Jennings" wrote in message
Hello,

I have been lurking in the newsgroup but i have hit a wall and wanted to

run
this by the experts. We have a form in our paradox 8 application that has

12
buttons with bitmaps and a section of the form is multab with 6 tabs that
are user selected based on the button pressed. the problem i have run in

is we have been using a intel 850e motherboard with a nvidia gf2 video

card
and drivers. recently i switched our hardware to a 865perl motherboard.

main
differences between the builds is 850e board was rdram and a 533fsb cpu.

the
new board is ddr400 and 800fsb. the old board had no problems with this

form
but the new hardware is having a hard time drawing the buttons and tabs.
again this is this one form within our app.
has anyone found a similar problem and fixed it?

thanks to all who respond
Joe