Old July 26th 03, 09:08 AM
tq96

I believe so, I have an MSI Geforce4 Ti4200, and the TV output is
superb quality, the color balance on the tv is even better than on my
monitor, same with the brightness.

It's a YMMV situation for GF4 owners. The TV-Out quality on my Gainward TI
4400 card is terrible. NVidia has left support for overscan out for the
chip on this card (it's the first generation Philips VIVO chip) and the
picture quality isn't that good at all. I've been very disappointed and
have had to stick with the Chrontel NTSC encoder that's on my old Pure3D
card.

I hear that the FX cards have native TV-out support and that it's much
improved.

As for video in, I've found it to be a nice bonus to be able to capture
analog video.