Old April 13th 06, 06:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default !!! Battlefield 2 Demo Review on Skybuck's Dream PC (2006)

they upgraded alot of the sound samples when they released the first patch.

Did they upgrade the demo too or only the full version ??

Anyway.

I just played Doom 3 Single Player, Quake 4 Single Player and Quake 4
Multiplayer.

My conclusion is that Battlefield 2 Demo owns Doom3 and Quake4 Big
time.

Battlefield 2 is definetly 2 times maybe even 4 times more
beautifull... and 8x times more impressive when it comes to sound.

Doom 3 Demo did not even support surround sound. It had an option for
it but it didn't work

Doom 3 single player was kinda scary and exciting though

I also played Doom 3 on low resolution on an old computer and at least
for Doom 3 it doesn't matter so much if you play it on hi-res or
low-res.. it's both almost as beautifull..

I like complaing though in the hope that it will make things better.

I do have a complaint hehe.

All games startup in 800x600 or something like that.

It would be cool if the games can detect my hi-resolution and simply
automatically switch to hi-res.

It would also be cool if they default to high settings if they detect
my super graphics cards =D hehe.

Saves me from having to restart multiple times at least for doom and
quake etc...

My second complaints is euhmm.. let me think... hmmm. Oh yeah now I
remember.

The maximum resolution of most games so far is 1600x1200.

However my monitor can handle 1920x1200.

So I hope to see some games use that resolution in the future.

I also tried playing Doom 3 with 16x anti aliasing but my mouse started
to become laggy... kinda strange.

Quake 4 was kinda laggy too probably because I was playing on a server
far away... not many servers to play on lol.

Quake 4 did support surround sound however...

I didn't even have surround sound speaker settings in control panel
when I play battlefield 2... but I think battlefield 2 is intelligent
enough anyway to automatically switch to surround sound... because the
sound was already excellent in bf2.

Anyway when playing quake 4 in surround sound that was kinda funny.

Sometimes I could really hear sounds from behind me and far away...
almost like my nextdoor neighbours were making strange sounds hehe.

But let there be no doubt... Battlefield 2 owns Quake/Doom big time =D

Battlefield 2 is uber uber uber uber

Like at least 4 times as good and that is being conservative.

The sound is as I already said 10 times better.

And graphics 4 times better.

So that's an average of at least 7.5 times better lol.

However most if not all of these 3d games are starting to bore me...

I look forward to playing civilization 3 conquest on this dream pc.

I am very curious how it will perform and how far it can be pushed.

Like how many cities and how many units before it starts to freeze/lag
or crash/sync out.

Oh man... I hope it will be great and lot's of cities and lot's of
units and big mother****ing maps... However small maps are already
lenghty.

And I probably dont even need two graphics cards of total 1200 euro's
for it lol.

At least my system can handle any game for the coming year or so :P

Gje I tested like 3 demos in one day.

Downloading, installing, playing, loading everything went pretty fast.

Expect for battlefield 2, shader initialization... it only has to do
that everytime the video graphics change... that sure took long.. .that
was amazing. But after that everything loaded pretty fast... etc, etc,
etc.

I wonder what the future will bring... hopefully more awesome/crazy
surround system effects and stuff... eax, eax2 and eax3 support...
definetly a must for any future game ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck.