Old December 9th 05, 11:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default An open letter to Michael Dell of Dell Computer

Unfortunately, I'm inclined to agree with Sparky. Debit transactions are not
as clearly "protected" as credit transactions. However, this doesn't mean
you shouldn't push your bank to get the money back (I believe there are
clear rules about non-delivery of merchanise!).

As an aside, I have long since lost any patience for this kind of behavior
on the part of computer companies. This transaction should be no more
complicated than purchasing a toaster from Sears. If Dell, or any other
computer company suggests otherwise, take your business elsewhere forever.
Computers have long since become commoditized items, and you should be able
to get prompt service without BS.

A suggestion: If there's a reputable computer chain in your area
(Microcenter comes to mind), take the money from your Dell fiasco and go buy
a notebook from them. If anything goes wrong, they'll give you immediate
satisfaction - trust me; I know of what I speak!

"Sparky Spartacus" wrote in message
Jay B wrote:

Call your debit card company and put a stop /trace on it. they have to
work for you. You may get your money back before Dell does it.

DB cards are a problem - the Dell payment may be considered a cash payment
and not reversible (although I hope I'm wrong here). Best to use a CR card
for purchases like this.

Good luck to the OP, BTW.