Old June 1st 06, 05:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default A7S8X dual display problem

Theres nothing wrong with Asus, but as stated previously may people with
differing hw have trouble getting two vid cards to work. Its often
better/simpler to use a dual enabled card, theres v.little price
differential.

"ernest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks all - I installed a PCI video card and it works well with the
onboard for dual display. I'm not sure what the 'enable dual display'
option in the BIOS does.

This A7S8X is not great, first off the FSB jumper description is WRONG
with 100 and 166 swapped. Then this dual display enable thing with AGP
boot up video I see nothing. OTOH I wonder if it is that much cheap to
build a jumper based FSB board vs software FSB... This is so
undesirable.

I really liked ASUS for a long time but this really prompts me about
the next mobo that I buy.... What other brand of mobo do you guys
recommend other than ASUS?

Ernest