Old July 30th 03, 03:55 AM
Lewis

Default MADDOG Rebate

I second that. I have had trouble with the last three rebates. I was care to
fooow directions, made copies and completed the form correctly, but I had to
make about 20.00 worth of long distance calls to get a rebate from CompUSA.
I simply will not buy a product based on a mail in rebate. I'm waiting on
one since Dec 2002 from Buslink/Bestbuy. Also, never got one from Lexar as
well.
"Strontium" wrote in message
news
My advice is to not consider rebates, as part of a purchasing decision.

-
No Rebate stood up, at show-n-tell in
and said:

I bought a MX440SE from CompUSA last December and promptly sent in the
rebate forms, 2 forms, 1-$20, and another $20 supplemental rebate. To
date, I've not received the supplemental rebate. I've checked back
and called the 800 number religiously, but I've not received any
satisfaction. Now it appears that the rebate center has moved
offshore, and communication difficulties are rampant!

My advice to you is, do not to buy a MADDOG product if it includes a
rebate!

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit