Old November 20th 04, 12:12 AM
Folkert Rienstra

"wonderboy" wrote in message m...
Thank you for reply, guys.
Guess I have to give up.
I guess I have to re-install program that I have CDs for on new drive.

Or export the program's registry entries from the old harddrive OS and
import them to the new harddrive OS's registry.

Only way to use non-transferable program in old hard drive is set this
hard drive as master, I guess

Oh, what for? What exactly do you think that will accomplish?

Here is what I have now.
I (will) have two hard drives and one CD-RW(master) and one
DVD-ROM(slave).
Each hard drive will have own XP since I will clean-install on new
hard drive.

So new hard drive will be master and old mess-up hard will be slave.

Yup, so?

Since I can't use the program in old hard drive, I will have to boot on
old hard drive whenever I need to use the program in the old hard drive.

Or export the program's registry enties from the old harddrive OS and
import them to the new harddrive OS's registry.

It will be a big pain to open the case and switch the cable.

Uhuh, and what on earth would you want to do that for?

Is there any program will allow me to choose which hard drive I want
to boot on?

Ever heard of a thing that goes under the name of 'BIOS'?
What exactly do you think this entry 'BootSequence' in the BIOS setup
is all about? Learn how to use your MainBoard Setup program.

I can set as
new hard drive(master) and CD-RW(slave)
old hard drive(master) and DVD-ROM(slave).
this set up will make it easy?

Make easy what?

I am not looking partition since each drive has OS on it.
Thanks in advance.