Old November 20th 04, 05:40 PM
Laurence Payne

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:46:06 -0000, "Grimly Fiendish"
wrote:

Thank you for reply,guys.
Guess I have to give up.
I guess I have to re-install program that I have CDs for on new drive.
Only way to use non-transferable program in old hard drive is set this
hard drive as master,I guess

No it won't make antdifference if you do a clean install, the o/s won't be
associated with it.

You said your present installation, though it has problems, is
runnable? If so, leave it completely alone and continue to run it
when you need the programs on it.

You don't need to mess with cable-changing. If you install a new XP
on your new primary drive you just need a simple modification of the
boot.ini file to allow a multi-boot option.

I discover that there ARE programs that claim to extract complete
program installations from one computer so they may be installed on
another. Does anyone have more information?

What are these irreplaceable programs, anyway? Can't you borrow the
installation disks the same place you did before?