Old August 29th 04, 07:10 PM
MJ

Default AA & Aniso. settings for games

I am a little lost on using AA and the Anisotropic settings with my games.
I have BFG6800Ultra and a pretty fast rig for playing games.
Under my display properties I had been using the selection "application
controlled".
What are "ideal" settings for games like FarCry, Doom3, etc (I know each
game is different and it varies by system)
I just need help understanding what AA setting I should use 2x, 4x, etc. in
conjunction with Aniso. 1,2,4,6,8,12x...
Should I set everything to max and hope for the best (trial & error)?

Thanks,
MJ