Old October 30th 03, 01:09 PM
Mark

Further to this I saw this discussion some suggestions in there...
http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread/t-3259.html

"Travis" wrote in message
.. .
try ati_subdiv 0 in the console

"Teek" wrote in message
om...
I am having some very frustrating problems with a new ATI Radeon 9600
256MB Card and Counter Strike. The frame rates jump any where from
100 to 30 for no reason and sometimes even crashes the game, and my
old NVIDIA 32MB had a constant 70 FPS or above. Something is not
right here, my new GPU on the Radeon is a lot faster and I now have 8
times the RAM but it still can not out perform my OLD NVIDIA! Below
is what I have tried for solutions. Any ideas, suggestions, or
hopefully a fix would be greatly appreciated.

-Did a CLEAN INSTALL of the OS (Windows ME) and reinstalled HL CS
-Changed my AGP Aperture size in the BIOS
-Turned V-Sync OFF
-Turned Truform OFF (can be done through the console as well)
-I run the game in OPENGL and D3D (DX 9.0B)
-Used the UPDATE utility at Half Life's site
-Applied a ATI Patch that fixes a overflow error
-Downloaded RAGE3D Tweaker and used HALF LIFE Profile
-I have tried 2.4 through 3.8 on the CAT drivers from ATI

Computer Specs:
AMD 1.1 MHz
512 RAM
OS: ME