Old July 5th 03, 07:42 AM
Lowen B. Holde

"Kai Robinson" wrote in message
And as usual, i re-iterate that i am not french. I enjoy poking fun at

them
too y'know. And had it not been for a bunch of us brits, you would have

been
most likely speaking german right now.

Had it not been for the Brits AND the Russians. Get your facts straight.
And Americans speaking German? I think not. How would Germany mounted a
successful invasion of America from across the Atlantic? True, the Brits
stopped the Germans from invading their island, but they lacked the manpower
and industrial might needed to pull off a successful invasion and liberation
of France, let alone trying to conquer Germany. Do a Google search on
"Dunkirk." And come to think of it, as an isolated island, where did
Britian get their extra food, raw materials, and ammunition from... I wonder
who... um, lets see... And to whom did they turn to for ships when the
German U-boats isolated them in the first place... hmm let's see, not
France... Not the USSR... hmm...

Americans ASSISTED with WW2 - but

Incorrect. The majority of forces from D-day on were American. The
majority of battles won and territory taken on the Western front were by
American troops. And don't forget that America was fighting on two fronts.
That's not a slight against the Brits, they put up a great fight. The
courage and willpower displayed by the English people during the Battle of
Britian will always remain one of the great moments in modern human history.
But to say America assisted is like calling the Atlantic a "little pond."

until 1942, they werent overly interested, what with being isolationist

and
all...

Incorrect again. Do a Google search on "lend lease." You flunk history
class. You've been living in France too long. Get out while you still can!
lol