Old August 3rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Paul Heslop

Default Nero and bootable cd's?

***** charles wrote:

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message
***** charles wrote:

Hi all,

I just got a burner and installed Nero 7 Essentails.
I need to create a bootable cd but haven't figured
out how to do that. I've been all through the
software and don't see any choices for making a
bootable cd. What am I missing or should I get
a different program for this?

thanks,
charles...

It's in 'create a data disc' or should be. If you have both dvd and cd
options open you may need to look for the slider to move the page over
so you can see the rest.
--
Paul (Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs)
Stop and Look

First, what does the link above have to do with my problem?

Nothing, it's my signature :O) (just ignore it)

I fired up Nero and clicked on make data cd. It jumped to
the screen that says ADD and REMOVE on the right side.
The advanced is turned on and it shows:
copy audio cd tracks
erase disc
disc info
create covers and labels

Nothing about making a bootable cd.

anything else?
charles......

Do you not use startsmart? On my machine there are six main options
for CD,
favourites - data - audio - photo & video - backup - extras

when I look under data the option to make a bootable cd is fourth
down, under make data cd - make audio and data cd - copy cd - then
it's make bootable cd.

I then fired up nero directly to see if I could find bootable there
and I am hoping this is right. when you go to 'new' and the box opens
there should be a panel on the left, scrolling down brings up 'cd rom
(boot)' which I am hoping is what you're looking for.

good luck