Old November 14th 08, 04:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Default **+ Call of Duty 5 **+

Could be one of the intro videos not cooperating with the Bink codec. Go
into folder Call of Duty 5\main\video\ and delete Treyarch.bik.

I must say, this game is boring. There were attempts to match CoD4's
climactic scenes, but failing miserably, even with Kiefer Sutherland
providing much of the narratives.

"timelord" wrote in message
Just installed this game on my pc and it won't launch because Vista says
it has stopped working and tries to find a sloution. I have installed
patch v1.1 but this made no difference.
I will uninstall and reinstall again and see if this makes a difference.

"timelord" wrote in message
Hi Skybuck, i have the game on pre-order so thanks for that. Can you tell
me the system requirements for it please as i cannot find this anywhere
on the net.
My system spec is...........

Vista Ultimate 64bit
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5ghz Q9300
Nvidia N9800GX2
Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo
8 gig of OCZ Reaper X PC310666 DDR3 1333mhz memory

I assume my pc will easily run this game then??

Phil.
"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
.home.nl...
2.5 out of 5 stars...

Beautifull game...

Maybe the most beautifull WW2 shooter I have seen and played so far...

It's pretty cool.. it's entertaining... I finished single player mostly
in two goes...

The battling is pretty cool... this game is especially very nice on big
screen...

Though during the tank mission I had to scale resolution back.

Game has one little issue though... sometime when I shoot enemy soldiers
they dont die..
even if I am standing right in front of them... or shot them like 100
times...

But besides from that pretty nice game...especially for a WW2 shooter
this game still knew to enjoy me...

It's not boring... it's not super exciting... but it's just super
cool... the battling... it s nice..

If you ever wondered how you would do in the jungle against crass-goons
and palm-goons this is the game to play !

Maybe the music should have been a little bit less volume... but ok..
the music is very nice too and keeps them interesting
too.

Oh yeah another little point of critique is the tank-mission was not in
first person... but third person... but maybe first person would be too
difficult or maybe not... sitting exactly inside the tank might have
been more suiting for first person shooter more realism that way

So here the game is a bit inconsistent... in the plane you are inside...
but with the tank you outside

Anyway I did not feel the super excitement from COD4 just a little
bit... maybe that's good thing... since COD4 was pretty heavy... this
game a bit more mallow... in a good way...

But still I have seen these kinds of missions and levels before in CoD
and such... so not that much new though the jungle was cool.

I played first missions on 15 and all high for some reason that was uber
cool... then after finishing the game I played it again but on lower
resolution and faster and then it was a bit less cool... not sure why...
maybe the slow speed had something to do with it slow speed is cool ?
or was it the resolution.

Oh well... I am glad this game was kinda short... because now I can go
back to trying to get RA3 working better over the internet

I like the splash water effect when landing on the beach... that was
kinda new... never seen that effect before... it looked pretty cool.

Also the high grass was loads of fun screaming mother****ers coming
at you...

Also the shotgun was ubercool... boom, boom boom kill those *******s !

The burning and the screaming nice too..

I think this game is not for little kids... there is lots of blood and
burning in this game...

I think this game is more for the somewhat older gamer that wants a
little bit harder game then say anything before it

And that's what I like about this game... no a-team bull**** lol...
just show the blood... show the burning... lol

Play the screaming lol

Ok enough but this !

Bye,
Skybuck