Old September 23rd 05, 02:26 PM
John

"Dustin" wrote in message
news:2fOYe.265964$E95.35897@fed1read01...
I'm still using an old P4B533-E system. I've known about the dipswitch 6
trick for sometime now. But my old RAM wasn't fast enough so I left it
off. Well I upgraded my RAM sometime ago. Now the only way I can get 3/4
memory timing is by clocking the FSB below 133. So there must be
something else I'm missing. This trick used to work. I don't know why it
no longer does. I'll take any help I can get!

Set Dipswitch 6 to ON
Set RAM ratio in bios to 1:1

You RAM will now be running faster than the FSB (4:3 ratio)

Can be confirmed using Sisoft Sandra benchmarks or the free utility called
WCPUID.