Old February 14th 04, 05:12 AM
Darthy

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 02:28:40 -0000, "KerplunKuK"
wrote:

Ok read the article and I see where you are coming from. However I can
double my budget. £100 is top whack I can afford. What can you suggest
then. I know nothing about graphics cards at all so I apologise for my
stupidity.

By all means, you're not stupid... you're asking before you spend what
little money you have.

£75 is wasted if it can't give you the performance you want or hope to
get. If you can, try to get your hands on a Ti4200 64mb, they are
about that price - IF YOU CAN FIND THEM. (At least $70USD)

I bought my first Gf2 card many years ago, I had problems with it and
coming here HELPED me... I wasted 2 days of pain with the POS - but I
took it back and got something better... paid $15 more.

(64bit DDR GF2mx = crap, took it back and paid $15 more for the 128bit
SDR vesion - for a total of $145usd)

if you want DX9 - the absolute LOWEST you should go for is the
fx5600Ultra... its at least as fast as the TI4200 is many cases.

Anything lower - would mean sub-standard performance.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!