Old February 14th 04, 03:05 AM
Darthy

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:51:52 -0000, "KerplunKuK"
wrote:

I am looking to replace a Geoforce 4 MX420 64Mb DDR. My price limit is
about £75 tops. I have seen a XFX Geoforce FX5200 AGP8x 256MB DDR DVI
TV-Out for about £60.

So you want to replace a piece of crap card with another Piece of crap
card?

Is that a good buy, and is the card any good. I have just started playing
alot of PC games so I want a powerful card. I have got a AMD 2600+ XP
processor and 1.5 gig of PC3200 DDR.
All help and advice appreciated.

Okay... you're saying you WANT a powerful video card and want to PLAY
PC games?! The 5200fx is not "powerful" its pure **** for gaming.

Here, look at this... Double your budget to get DECENT ability.

Then download the UT2004 deom from www.unreal.com - or from Nvidia's
website... and see how it runs. The 5200 on your setup would get
about 10~15fps.

Read this and let me know what you think:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...ournament_2003

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!