Old January 26th 04, 11:59 PM

Default Geforce FX 5700 Ultra or FX 5900

My gfx card just died. Its a Leadtek A350 TDH LX 5900. ( Not Ultra ).
I think the LX is a cut down version with 2.8ns 700mhz ram. I used to
get 10800 ish on 3dmark01se and just over 5000 on 3dmark03.

For the replacement i can either get another of the leadtek cards
mentioned above, or i have seen some fairly cheap FX 5700 ultra cards.
These have 900Mhz DDR2 ram and 400mhz ramdac. Are these faster than
the 5900 LX i used to have? Please bear in mind my sys spec as below

athlon xp 2400+ 266fsb
512mb pc2100 266mhz ddr ram
ecs k7s5a mobo
audigy2 zs
160gb hdd 7200rpm

Any advice appricated as the old gf 4mx im using at the min is crap!!!

regards

paul