Old May 8th 04, 01:24 AM
Darthy

On Fri, 07 May 2004 07:31:17 GMT, Lee
wrote:

Hello

Came home from work yesterday to find my desktop was corrupt so i re boots
the machine and i find i got all horizontal lines down the screen i try the
graphics card in another machine and it has the same problem The card is
a Gainward Geforce 4 ti4600 750/gxp golden sample which i have had clocked
at 320/700 for over a year with no probs i don't think overclocking has
caused this cause its got major cooling components like ram sinks etc... on
it. Looks like now i got to go out and purchase a new graphics card so i
thought i would seek some advice. What would be a good upgrade to a ti4600
with best price/performance ratio i don't have mega amounts of money to
spend so like the high end cards are a no no i was thinking of the FX5700
ultra.

The 5700Ultra is the next real upgrade from a 4600, but not by much.
For the same price, you can get the 5900xt ($180) - but at that point,
you might as well spring for the $200 ATI9800Pro which smokes it (in
most games, weak in OpenGL - but still speedy).

I OWN a 9800Pro and 5900(plain) - guess which one is in my main game
rig?

Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)

God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.