Old August 16th 04, 06:37 AM
hbsimon

Default GA 7N400 Pro2 (rev2) and Vcore Voltage Level.

Hi All,

I installed this motherboard and so far it works well in Windows-XP
and Linux. My only concern is that the VCore voltage is too high. I am
using a AMD Thunderbird 1600 wich has a nominal VCore voltage of 1.75V
and MBM5 shows 1.8V, which increases my CPU temperature.

I used previous a GA-7DXR and run the VCore voltage at 1.65V (with a
broad range to adjust the voltage) and it was very stable. I have
found only the option to increase the VCore voltage in the 7N400 bios,
but no place to decrease it. This is useful in Summer to keep the CPU
temperature down.

I read many posts on hidden menus by using CTRL-F1, I tried CTRL-F1 at
each BIOS screen, but I did not get any additional menus. Maybe there
is a Voltage setting possible in one of the additional menus?

Regards,
Horst