Old January 19th 05, 04:48 AM
Silvertip

With such a mobo, why would you want to go out and buy a new mobo, new
memory (possible requirement of new mobo), and new graphics card, when all
you really need to do is upgrade the graphics card. This board is one of
the more o/c friendly boards out there. The system you have should have no
probs with a gfx upgrade.
Silvertip
"Slow Lazy Dog" wrote in message

I have a P4C800-E Deluxe that's just about 4 or 5 months old. I built
a new sys with a P4 2.4ghz, 512MGB of PC3200 and twi SATA 120GB hdd's.

The only thing I didn't upgrade was my video card, an ATI 9000 Pro
128. After installing The Simpsons-Hit and Run. I found out my
vidcard isn't supported even with all the latest driver updates.
So... time to put the 9000 Pro on the shelf and move on. Which leads
me to PCI Express. This MB doesn't support it... does Asus make a MB
comparable to the P4C800-E Deluxe in terms of features with PCI
Express support? Any recommendations if they don't?

Thanks for any input.

SLD