Old January 26th 04, 12:31 PM
Bryan Prestbury

Hi Andrew

Don't have a solution but I am using the same mb, cpu and crucial memory at
200 FSB (Radeon 9600 Pro) with no problems but I only manged to achieve
equivalent speed of 3000+ without game shut downs. Untill I get an improved
HSF I will leave mine at this setting. Are your memory timings too
agressive?

Bryan

"Andrew Gowen" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a rather unique problem with a 2500+ overclock. My system is:

Barton 2500+ (AXDA2500DKV4D) - locked :-(
Asus A7N8X-Deluxe - v1.4 - 1007 Uber BIOS
2 off sticks of 512MB Crucial PC3200 XMS
SATA, IDE, both LANs and IEE1394 enabled
Using on-board sound

SATA - RAID0 using two DiamondMax 80GB drives - has boot partition
IDE1 - Another 80GB drive
IDE2 - Pioneer A105 DVD-R and LG CD-RW

Sapphire 9800 Pro

The problem occurs at boot. As the multiplier is locked, I am trying to
increase the FSB. However, if I go above 169MHz the system will not post.
I have increased the core to 1.75v but to no effect.

Now here is the weird part, if I boot at 166MHz FSB and get into WinXP, I
can use ClockGen to increase the FSB up to 190MHz (1.75v) and the system
runs stable with Prime95. The chip will run fine at stock voltage and
180MHz FSB. It just will not boot past 169MHz!

I have previously run the memory at 210MHz when overclocking a XP2400+,
using the same system set-up. The new 2500+ obviously has some headroom

for
an overclock but put them together and they will not boot!

I have only found this problem mentioned one other time on the 'Net. Does
anyone have any suggestions or a solution to this please?

Cheers,

Kayf

**E-mail does not work, please post to group**