Old January 25th 04, 10:36 PM
Kayf

Thanks for the suggestions.

Memory is set to 100% sync and I have locked the AGP to 66MHz. Still the
same problem.

I will check the 'halt on' setting and report back.

Thanks for the quick replies,

Kayf

"Lee" wrote in message
May sound silly but i have experienced something similar where my xp 1800+
would not post if i had an fsb of 180 so what i did was change the setting
'Halt on' to No Errors in standard cmos and it seem to cure it

try it let me know.

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:38:57 -0000, "Andrew Gowen"

wrote:

:Hi,
:
:I have a rather unique problem with a 2500+ overclock. My system is:
:
:Barton 2500+ (AXDA2500DKV4D) - locked :-(
:Asus A7N8X-Deluxe - v1.4 - 1007 Uber BIOS
:2 off sticks of 512MB Crucial PC3200 XMS
:SATA, IDE, both LANs and IEE1394 enabled
:Using on-board sound
:
:SATA - RAID0 using two DiamondMax 80GB drives - has boot partition
:IDE1 - Another 80GB drive
:IDE2 - Pioneer A105 DVD-R and LG CD-RW
:
:Sapphire 9800 Pro
:
:The problem occurs at boot. As the multiplier is locked, I am trying

:increase the FSB. However, if I go above 169MHz the system will not

post.
:I have increased the core to 1.75v but to no effect.
:
:Now here is the weird part, if I boot at 166MHz FSB and get into WinXP,

:can use ClockGen to increase the FSB up to 190MHz (1.75v) and the

system
:runs stable with Prime95. The chip will run fine at stock voltage and
:180MHz FSB. It just will not boot past 169MHz!
:
:I have previously run the memory at 210MHz when overclocking a XP2400+,
:using the same system set-up. The new 2500+ obviously has some

headroom for
:an overclock but put them together and they will not boot!
:
:I have only found this problem mentioned one other time on the 'Net.

Does
:anyone have any suggestions or a solution to this please?
:
:Cheers,
:
:Kayf
:
:**E-mail does not work, please post to group**
:
:

-----
Lee.