Old October 24th 03, 08:34 PM
BuckeyeRed

Default Does video card have anything to do with overclocking?

Please forgive my stupid questions but I need help.
I am upgrading my ECS P4VMM motherboard and Intel p4 1.6
processor and going with the AMD 2500+ and the Biostar M7NCD PRO
motherboard, I do not have a video card to use so I need one that is
reasonable in price, I dont do games but I do a little video editing
from camcorder to pc but nothing major.
I dont know if the video card has anything to do with overclocking so
I thought I better check before I order something I wont be able to
use. One person recommended the matrox G550 but I found a couple of
posts saying they had problems getting the card to work in the M7NCD
PRO, plus that's more than I wanted to pay for a card.
Also I have two pc2100 256 sticks I would like to use in the above
configuration, will using this memory slow down the new system
drastically? Will it prevent me from being able to overclock?

Thanks
Tim

Remove SPAMPREVENTION from email address