Old September 25th 03, 01:23 AM
Homer Simpson

virtual memory is on the hard drive. It is a file named pagefile.sys. It
grows and shrinks, unless you manually tell it not to. If your hard drive
is full, it can't grow. If you told it not to grow and shrink, it may want
to make it bigger but can't. pagefile.sys - in the root (c:\) hidden by
default. You can change it, with certain versions of windows, to another
disk drive.

"casdon" wrote in message
m...
I have a Compaq Presario s4000nx-cel and I get msgs about low virtual
memory and I have not install any software any hints/ answers as to
how to correct this and has anyone else run into this problem?.Casdon