Old September 12th 03, 07:30 AM
Dave

"Strontium" wrote in message
-
Dave stood up at show-n-tell, in TBc8b.421235$Ho3.66910@sccrnsc03, and

said:

snip

I came, I saw, I read the statement, I gave my opinion, took me about
five minutes to react and think, ten minutes to type, that's pretty
much "all she wrote". I don't worry about much more than making a
compelling argument here.

Or, starting a flamewar? Pffffff!

Nope. Bzzt, wrong. Thank you for playing, Next contestant, please. Who was
the first to hop on the bandwagon and flame me so far? You. Says a lot for
you, eh? ;-) If that was indeed my intent, you played oh so conveniently
right into my scheme in a very timely fashion no less. That would make you a
fish.
I dangled my johnson, and you jumped right into the car and stuck your head
immediately in my lap. Sucker!

I repeat: if that was my intent.

If it was so 'blase', to you, why in
the Hell did you decide to x-post propoganda?

Propaganda? ROTFL. Perhaps the truth as seen from the eyes of a consummate
cynic, but I'd really like to see you prove conclusively that anything I've
stated wasn't just my opinion based on how Nvidia's official response
appeared to me based on track record and established fact. I'm not terribly
concerned about who it influences. There goes your propaganda schtick.

The only reason possible is
that you get off on starting arguments.

So why, pray tell, are you sitting there taking knee-jerk potshots at me,
other than to provide me with amusement? Please, do tell...oh, let me guess,
you reflexively felt the urge to flame me, is that it? Silly wabbit...

"Your five minutes is up"
"No it isn't"
"Yes it is"
"Then why are you still arguing with me?"
"I am not"
"Yes you are..."

Your deductive reasoning could use a little work, my friend...

As knowledgeable as you put
yourself forth to be about both cards,

I don't claim to be. I offer opinion, I offer advice, every now and then
someone gets from me what they're begging for, but not without (my own brand
of perhaps demented) humor. Constructive criticism can take many forms.
Sometimes it comes down to "where there's a whip, there's a way". But if you
see something that's flat-out wrong, perhaps you can correct me in a nice,
constructive fashion that is conducive to rational discussion, that is, if
you're at all capable of something more than trite hypocrisy. Feel free.
Surprise me. Elevate thy stature a little beyond the mundane and
all-too-boringly predictable. If you continue to wallow in banality by
insisting upon reducing a potential discussion into another typical, silly
flamefest, I'll just ignore you: I really don't feel like wasting my time
with such a monochromatic viewpoint.

it would seem you've read both of
these groups. And, in so knowing, that such a post would incite a

flamewar.
So, drop the 'innocent' act. The fact that you knew this group, pretty

much
nails that.

I've been in and out of here for many years and seen the best and the worst.
If my opinion incites a flamewar, there's nothing I can do to compensate for
people's lack of understanding, now is there? If that's the way you choose
to view things, then I challenge you to step outside of the context of your
skewed opinion and take a good, long objective look at what's really going
on behind the scenes. Or don't. Not my problem in either case. I can live
quite comfortably with my opinion. Question is, can you?

Nvidia's future won't affect mine all too
much, neither will ATI's. I dumped my Nvidia stock some time ago.
Really, I don't worry very much about anything, despite appearances
to the contrary. There are certainly far larger priorities to me than
a video card company to worry about in any case. I may say a lot of
the same things in the same places, but I'm not obsessive at
all...just somewhat consistent.

Then, why make a point to x-post something that is sure to start a

flamewar?

It is an issue that is germane to both groups. The foibles of human nature
are not my concern here.

Wouldn't be weird if the picture appeared of both CEO's playing golf
together again and Bill Gates was making it a threesome.

I might be tempted to make it into a dartboard and market it...;-)

You seem crafted, in the art of 'controversy'.

That was not my intent. My intent was to promote discussion. If it takes the
shape of a flamefest, it's just typical Usenet for ya. If you react this way
to strong opinions as a matter of course, perhaps you shouldn't read things
that provoke you thusly...or maybe *you* just like milking your anxiety
gradient for kicks, I dunno...

Maybe, one day, someone will
be throwing darts at 'your' head

The search for fame and recognition is not exactly on my "to do" list this
year. However, if someone would like to throw darts at my picture, any
publicity is good publicity I suppose...;-)