Old September 12th 03, 06:38 AM
Dave

"Strontium" wrote in message
Blah, blah, blah.
Drivers, drivers, drivers.....

YADA, YADA, YADA

Dippity doo dah, dippity day...

'Crayz jig, in the middle of the street'

Thank you, drive thru...I suppose this is your copout for not having
anything meaningful to add? And now, predictably enough, you'll become
petulant and insulting, right? Come on. You know you want to. Humor me.
Beyatch. ;-)

It's already been stated, elsewhere (and NO I'm not going to supply
references as this ****ing fanboy war has produced enough), that the

nVidia
hardware just does NOT cut it.

Perhaps not in HL2, but let's take a look at the OpenGL picture, shall we?
My rant was specifically targeted, not representative of my general
overview. And it was not intended to start a fanboi flamefest, contrary to
the abject ignorance of some folks.

Talk about drivers, all you want. If you want your card to run on

drivers,
alone.....have fun fanbois

Seems it went right over your head. Your hair ain't parted in the middle
from all those near misses, perchance, is it? If you think I'm a fanboi, I
think you need to get a life and a clue, not necessarily in that order. You
might find them in Aisle 6 in Wal-Mart. For the record, I'm playing a common
'tater, with agi 'tater tendencies. Oh, and BTW, as far as drivers are
concerned, seems cards won't run very well without them, now imagine that!
What else do they run on? Fossil fuels? A pile of ammonium dichromate with a
magnesium ribbon as a wick? Maybe some of yer C17 H21 NO4? Heh! ;-) If that
were the case, maybe HL2 would run faster...