Old November 29th 03, 01:54 PM
Z Man

"steve" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:02:47 GMT, "Z Man" wrote:

So, what do you think? Could it be that the power output from the onboard
Firewire port is too high, and ruined my equipment? Any other theories or
ideas would be welcomed. Post them right here so we can all join in. As

the
saying goes, 'a word to the wise is sufficient'.

I was about to get this board, but reading this post and another above
I cannot take a chance with firewire.
I cannot risk my peripherals.
Are you sure that camcorder is not at risk?

Firewire must work. Are you guys sure about what you are observing?
Maybe it is just some probability that your board is like that (if it
really is the case that is) and this happens with other boards you
think?

I have disabled onboard Firewire, and am using a PCI Firewire card, so I
feel that I am no longer at risk of damage to my peripherals. I have used my
Ipod a few times with the PCI Firewire card and experienced no issues. The
motherboard itself is first-rate. I have used/built lots of computers, and
this one could easily be the best...except for the Firewire issue.