Old December 30th 04, 07:09 PM
David Maynard

Jerry Turba wrote:

I just picked up a HP laserjet 1100 printer (Model 4224A). I have never
used a laser printer and I cannot find the info I need on the HP site.

1. I have an IEEE 1284 printer cable but it does not fit the laserjet it
is about double the size of the laserjet connector. Is there a special
cable that I need? The HP website simple says an IEEE 1284 cable.

2. There is a port on the bottom rear of the printer labeled PE. THe port
looks about the size of a headset input socket. There is no internal pin
visible in the socket. What is the purpose of this socket?

Any info or links appreciated.
Thanks
Jerry

Printer name Model number Intro date Discontinue date

HP LaserJet
1100 series printer C4224A Nov-98 Apr-01

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...cname=bpl07595

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...263-25470.html

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ectID=bpl06517

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...eriesId=235424

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...odTypeId=18972

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...eriesId=235424

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...odTypeId=18972

Interfaces and Connectivity:

High-speed bidirectional IEEE 1284 compliant parallel port (C-type
connector) with cable included in the box

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...odTypeId=18972