Old December 30th 04, 02:22 PM
Jerry Turba

Default Printer help needed

I just picked up a HP laserjet 1100 printer (Model 4224A). I have never
used a laser printer and I cannot find the info I need on the HP site.

1. I have an IEEE 1284 printer cable but it does not fit the laserjet it
is about double the size of the laserjet connector. Is there a special
cable that I need? The HP website simple says an IEEE 1284 cable.

2. There is a port on the bottom rear of the printer labeled PE. THe port
looks about the size of a headset input socket. There is no internal pin
visible in the socket. What is the purpose of this socket?

Any info or links appreciated.
Thanks
Jerry