Old December 18th 04, 11:48 PM
me at yomamas

This mobo has 4 settings - 200 MHz, 266, 333, and 400. I have tried
them all. And the CAS defaults to 3. I have played with the other
values, but nothing helps.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:22:01 GMT, Wes Newell
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:56:57 +0000, me at yomamas wrote:

Can I just use this stick w/o problems? I have yet to notice much
problem here, just the memtest86 error. I also have a stick of Kbyte
256MB from Staples, it runs MUCH worse with MANY more errors than this
generic stick.

Are there any other things I can try here? Any other memory tests to
cross-check this result?

Did you lower the base speed of the ram, or are you trying to run it at
200MHz? Set the base 1 speed lower than the speed of the ram, like PC3200
at 166MHz insted of 200. Might even try 133MHz if you still have problems
passing memtest. And CL to 3.