Old November 11th 03, 01:21 PM
Dale Randall

Rob I am facing the same problem. I bought a 6 in 1 card reader off ebay
that said for internal USB. Mine has the flat 5 wire femail plug with
four wires and one plugged hole. I got some information on a similar
ICCR from there web site where I was sent to d load a driver. It shows
Red--VCC, Black GND, White Data-, Green Data + . If you figure a way
to wire this in please let us know. I bought w Belkin USB 2.0 Card for
the expansion slot on the MB and I have an empty floppy port on case for
the card reader. Dale

Rob V wrote:

Hello,
I just got an internal USB multicard reader - My PC has 4 USB connectors on
the back + 2 in the front - when I went to install it - the reader has a
flat connector (its a female that accepts 5 prongs) that connects to the USB
connector on the MB. The problem is - the PC this reader is going on is a
low end dell and has no USB connectors on the MB.
Is there a card that I can by to give me the 5 prong connector I need - or
some adaptor I can get?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
-Rob