Old November 11th 03, 02:41 AM
Christopher Pollard

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:02:34 GMT, kony wrote:

Reread what I wrote, the part about connecting a PIN HEADER to a new
USB cable, not a socket.

I understood what you meant.

Not that one solution or the other is wrong, but pulling apart a
perfectly working system to solder onto the back of a motherboard and
void the OEM warranty (if still in effect), is probably beyond the
desires of anyone buying an OEM box in the first place.

That's true. I guess I'm a bit more confident when it comes to things like this.
Your method would be safer, and you're right, it won't affect the warranty.

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net