Old November 10th 03, 07:19 AM
Christopher Pollard

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 03:15:49 GMT, kony wrote:

It sounds like you'll have to make your own adapter. It'd probably be
easiest to just buy a cheap 3ft. USB cable, cut the end off and solder
on a 5-pin header configured for the reader plug.

Well, that's one option, but personally I would do it differently.

Firstly, I assume the card reader is designed to connect to the mb header which
uually goes to the USB ports? What I would do is figure out which wire is which,
then solder it to one of the rear ones (front ones being more useful to me).
Then, I would block off that port at the back to stop me trying to use it
(probably by putting a piece of plastic in it...).

It would probably be easier to connect it to the front port header, but you
would lose one port. That's lose as in it's now occupied. It's still there but
no longer available.

HTH.

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net