Old November 9th 03, 09:04 PM
mcheu

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:53:45 GMT, "Rob V" wrote::

Hello,
I just got an internal USB multicard reader - My PC has 4 USB connectors on
the back + 2 in the front - when I went to install it - the reader has a
flat connector (its a female that accepts 5 prongs) that connects to the USB
connector on the MB. The problem is - the PC this reader is going on is a
low end dell and has no USB connectors on the MB.
Is there a card that I can by to give me the 5 prong connector I need - or
some adaptor I can get?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
-Rob

You can get a USB controller on a PCI card. Xircom used to make one,
but it's been discontinued. I'm sure there are others available, just
go down to your local computer shop and ask about them. They usually
cost between $10-30 depending on how many ports you want on it, and
who makes it.

Thanks,
MCheu