Old October 19th 03, 09:59 PM
Edward J. Neth

If you mean an image backup, either Drive Image or Ghost will work fine. If
you don't need speed, WD Data Lifeguard can mirror the drive and is free.

Symantec just bought PowerQuest, so it's likely that future versions of
Ghost will include Drive Image's features - it's unlikely they'll continue
both products.

"Saml" wrote in message
I'm considering getting a second 80 gb hard drive just for backup.

(Circuit
City has a WD today for $69.99.)

Currently all I have is Win XP, but I may create a Linux partition one of
these days.

PowerQuest's Drive Image 7 and Symantec's Ghost are two names I'm familar
with, though not the details of their products. I used PowerQuest's
Partition Magic a couple of years ago on Win 98 and was happy with what it
did.

Anyone got a recommendation for software to use?