Old October 2nd 04, 07:50 AM
twobirds

Chingy wrote:
Gefore 4 Ti line of cards best card ever? for its performance and
good bang for money..

Well, though I'm missing out on whatever the DX9 stuff is, I still game on a
GeForce 4 TI-4600. I have a machine with a 5900 (really don't know why I
never sit at that machine)... and I've been thinking about getting a 6800..
However, my Ti-4600's are quite enough to play any game I've seen so far. I
played Doom3, Painkiller, and Far Cry in the last few weeks on the 4600 and
I wasn't too dissapointed at all. I would have liked to have been able to
turn on FSAA for Far Cry, but Painkiller and Doom3 were absolutely beautiful
even without it.

I think that game developers are just now beginning to write games that push
the GeForce 4's. So, those cards have lasted well. The software up until
now has allowed the GeForce 4 series of cards to stay in service a long
time. - I can also add here that the GeForce 3 TI-500 and the GeForce 3
pure lasted a long time as well. In fact, I think the majority of recent
games will run "OK" at 800X600 and whatever medium detail settings on either
of the upper GeForce 3's. The TI-200 is a little bit weak, though.