Old January 15th 04, 06:38 PM
Rod Speed

So what were their answers ?

"Harvey Gratt" wrote in message news:L7ANb.74427$I06.328352@attbi_s01...
I just received an email from Acronis tech support answering my
questions. I feel better now.

Harvey

Matt wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:51:01 GMT, Harvey Gratt
wrote:

I am also interested in the Acronis True Image 7.0 product. Have you had
any luck in getting answers from their sales and/or tech people?

My email to Acronis support below represents the extent of my contact
with Acronis. (Note that my original email has embedded web links
that the text below does not show.) I just sent this note a few
seconds ago, and have only received an automated response back. If I
remember to do it (no guarantees), I'll post back here if I get a
human followup.

-Matt

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:39:31 -0600
From: Matt
Subject: Create bootable DVD with system reload image?

Can I create bootable DVD image write disks that can "refresh"/reload
a system using TrueImage (any version)?

I want to copy TrueImage image files to a DVD that I can make bootable
such that I insert the DVD into a system, reboot, and the system
automatically and with no human input required (except for maybe a
"verify system reload" confirmation button) reset the designated
partition back to the state of the image.

Norton seems to have some docs (see the link here) on how to make this
(at least for a CD) using Ghost 2003. Can similar process happen with
TrueImage?

TrueImage claims DVD writing...but can it handle my above scenario
requirements?

I have also started this usenet thread asking about this, so far, the
one response I have thinks that there is no means to do this.

-Matt
--
Remove the obvious text (including the dash) to email me.