Old January 14th 04, 08:24 AM
Matt

Default Acronis True Image 7.0: Image verify, and bootable DVD image write?

Hello,

I am evaluating Acronis True Image 7.0, have previously only used
DriveImage and Ghost (2003).

True Image so far looks truly impressive. However, I have 2 key
questions/concerns:

1) Image verify

I created an image, then verified it with the source partition (my
WinXP system parition), and the image "verified successfully." I then
removed and added a couple minor files to my source partition, reran
the verify, and I still get the "verified successfully" message.
Bummer, not what I expected. What makes it verify unsuccessfully?

2) Creating bootable DVD image write disks that can "refresh" a
system?

I want to copy TrueImage image files to a DVD that I can make bootable
such that I insert the DVD into a system, reboot, and the system
automatically and with no human input required (except for maybe a
"verify system refresh" confirmation button) reset the designated
partition back to the state of the image.

Norton seems to have some docs on how to make this (at least for a
CD):

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...&osv=&osv_lvl=

TrueImage claims DVD writing...but can it handle my above scenario
requirements?

Thanks for any help,
Matt
--
Remove the obvious text (including the dash) to email me.