Old June 18th 04, 05:06 AM
Chuck Yerkes

Don Wiss wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:27:49 GMT, Lucas Tam wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:

But are any of the IP cameras weatherproof? I have yet to see one that
is. My future application (which is why I read these threads) is to
monitor my front doors.

Most CCTV cameras (non-bullet types) are not weather proof either and
require a housing.

Okay. Do you know of any housings for an IP camera? Unlike Photon my
application is on the side of a building and will get hit directly by the
weather. And it will be on the front, so it must look decent.

What is needed is a weatherproof bullet type IP camera.

Lots of NEMA enclosured might to it. And look ok.

Or you do the dome thing if you don't want people to know where you're
aiming.