Old December 12th 04, 08:15 PM
Mr Jessop

"Will Dormann" wrote in message
Mr Jessop wrote:
i have the suse9.1 iso. copied to cd. nothing. tried nero burn and
burn to iso. kept coming up with no disk in drive and wouldn't burn.
Tried copying extra files that were included in pc format distro folder.
Same error message.

What does this have to do with linux?

Your problem lies within being able to burn a CD from an ISO. With my
version of Nero at least, I select File - Open, open the ISO, and then
burn.

Thanks. I suppose the questions i should have raised was

1. are the extra files outside the iso such as md55ums.asc necessary for the
burn.

1.b if not would adding them cause the failed install so early on.

2. Although selecting iso in nero rom what selection did i miss out for it
to suggest that there was no disk in the drive.

I believe you have partly answered question 2 for me. selecting the open
iso in nero rom. I suppose nero express did that for me.

so

2b. Was the disk it was asking for not in fact a blank disk but the iso to
be opened?

3. Is there a linux utility or any other that will allow me to format the
c: drive as windows explorer won't. pcformat suggested
"7tools partitioner"

4. I have two drives. The second is currently f and g drive. it is cable
selected. so to make it the master i merely swap it with the 40gb or remove
it altogether. This is easy as i have swappable caddies (25 seconds at
most). But the 2nd drive doesn't have bootable partitions. will the
standard suse disk do all the formatting stuff for me and dual booting or do
i have to have the win xp installed on the drive in one big partition and
have the suse thing resize and set up the dual boot system? If the answer
is the latter then hopefull i would end up with linux on one partition and
xp on the other with the partitions created for me.

So in summary is my best move to remove current installed 40gb. Replace
with 120gb and clean install one giant partition with xp. Then run suse
disk to create a partition and size it?