Old July 25th 06, 05:11 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
magnate

Default Merged AMD-ATI monster embarks on monopoly-busting

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
* shegeek72:

But will they get rid of the stupid and outdated .Net requirement to
d/l ATI drivers?

What problems do you have with .NET?

I know they can be downloaded from other websites, but
I didn't find out about that until after hours of frustration trying to
download drivers from the ATI website and no response from ATI tech
support, and I'm sure many others aren't aware of it. I've swtiched to
nVidia because of it and it'll take a lot to get me to switch back.

Switching gfx cards just to avoid .NET is just plain silly...

No, no it isn't. People switch their entire OS to avoid .NET - some of
us would happily switch our entire house.

CC