Old September 27th 05, 10:32 PM
Tom Goodman

Brandon Dieterich wrote:
I just got a Hauppauge PVR-150 with Beyond TV. It's got to be an
ultimate combo. Basically turns your PC into a Tivo. You can also
schedule recordings from your personal Beyond TV site while away from
your PC. Hardware encoding, so no processing power is lost by your
CPU. MPEG2 compression and can be changed from 1GB-3GB per hour video
quality. Also accepts S-Video and Composite in. Great card and even
better software.

Sharanga Dayananda wrote:

There's a new Nvidia dual TV tuner card ( hardware compression )
coming out on the 15th of October called the DualTV, which allegedly
offers better compression than anything else out there taking just 1
GB per hour and once again allegedly offering the same quality as a 2
GB recording.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/PureVideo/4

"Phuc Tup" wrote in message

I'm running a P4 HT 3 GHz, Intel D865PERL mobo, 1 GB Ram, BFG 6600 GT
OC w/ 128 MB video memory, Win XP home. The card does have VIVO, but
no TV tuner. Has anyone else with a similar setup found a good TV
tuner card &/or video recording software (to get the computer working
like "TIVO") that work well with this card?

Hmm, check out the Nebula card/software and see if the Hauppage really
is comparable.