Old September 22nd 05, 09:30 PM
vellu

/Mr.X kirjoitti:
"vellu" skrev i meddelandet

Mr. Brian Allen kirjoitti:

Should I go with a 6600gt 128mb, or a regular 6800 128mb? Playing games
like BIA, WOW, and Chaos Theory on an AMD 3000+ with a gig of RAM.

As far as Tomshardwares VGA Chart Summer 2005 (PCIE) is conserned, the
6600GT 128 MB outperformed the 6800 256MB in every single benchmark they
ran. In some quite significantly.

The 6800 however might be overclockable to improve it's performance beyond
the 6600GT.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...524/index.html

Dont know what kind of card that 6800 256MB DDR in that test is, but in this
test 6800 really is better than 6600GT in the AGP-version:
http://www.tomshardware.se/graphic/2...an_agp-02.html
sorry bout that the texts is on Swedish..
128MB DDR is anyhow standard on 6800.

True. The AGP versions seem to have reversed results (the link I posted
was for PCIE cards). Here's the same page in english:
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...l#3d_mark_2005

Possible the 9800 256MB PCIE was actually an SE/LE card, though the test
doesn't provide that information (at a quick glance).