Old November 18th 03, 01:16 PM
Willard

I don't know about Ghost7.5, but with Ghostpe or Ghost2003 you can make
a sector by sector copy of your C: drive that will include a diagnostic
partition, by using a PCMCIA card connection for the 'copy to' HDD..

Does the Evo use a diagnostic partition???

I boot from A: with MS-DOS plus Ghost on a floppy and use the command:
Ghost -IR or Ghostpe -IR on my Prosignia161 (same as Armada1700)..

Apricorn's EZ-GIG program, using the PCMCIA expansion card, will also
make an exact copy (not an image) of the C: drive..

Willard

Dieter wrote:

Hi NG,
I copy the original disk drive (IBM Travelstar IC25N030ATCS04-0) of
the Evo N1020v to a second backup HDD (12GB) with Ghost 7.5. THe copy
was made on a Compaq Armada E500, because I have an adapter for the
second HDD. Booting of the copied HDD in the Evo failed! - I get only
a blinking cursor in the top left corner.
When I put this HDD into my Armada E500, the notbook boots without any
problems.
When I install WIN2K an the 12GB HDD the Evo can boot from this drive
What can I do to make an image backup of my HDD, that is able to boot?

Thank's in advance.
Peter