Old October 11th 04, 04:24 PM
PRIVATE1964

Pencil eraser? I have never heard that one before. Wouldn't the
eraser nub leave some residue on the contacts?

It actually works very well to clean off the surface of the contacts without
damage. You have to use some common sense though like make sure to blow off the
tiny bits of erasor before putting the card back in the slot. It shines up the
gold contacts like new.

tech support
actually told me to take out the control card, and wash it in warm water
mixed with powder laundry detergent, blow-dry thouroughly, let sit for
an hour, and then plug it back in...

That sounds a bit more risky to me then a pencil erasor. : )