Old October 10th 04, 06:02 PM
PRIVATE1964

The vertical dots and white bar are during the BIOS load, before the Win XP
welcome screen.
-Phil

That would mean the problem is most likely just hardware related because the
video drivers have not been loaded yet. Also if you have just turned on the
computer and are seeing problems I doubt that it is just heat related. It takes
a little time for the memory anf the GPU to build up some heat so why are you
seeing problems right when you start the system.
I still think something is going bad on the card and the heat is making the
problem worse. I would still take the card out and clean both sides of the edge
connector on the card with a pencil erasor. I would also inspect both sides of
the card while it is out for any kind of damage such as leaking components etc.