Old October 10th 04, 12:20 AM
Philip Sternklar

Default 4600 ti help please!!

My system is a Dell 8200, 2.53Gp4, 512 ddr(400)ram, 4600ti(128meg). Lately
my video has been flakey. On boot-up there will sometimes be dots in
vertical rows over the display. Sometimes there will be a single thick (2")
white bar at the bottom of the display. I think my cards cooling is not
working well. If I open the case and cool the card things seem to get
better. If I am running fs2004 or other "demanding" apps I have a problem.
If I am just surfing etc. no problem. The card fan seems to be working.
I've checked the connections, cleaned dust etc. System memory is ok
(memtest86). HDD is ok. Questions a
1) Do you agree that my 4600ti is to blame?
2) If so what is the recommended replacement card for my system? I
believe my system is underpowered for the newer cards.
I know this is a lengthy post, thanks for the help!!

-Phil