Old September 17th 03, 12:41 AM
ho alexandre

magnulus wrote:
I would assume JPEG compression
removes an even amount of all colors, right?

Of course not !!
Take a file filled with '1' and another one containing an english
message, and then zip both of them. Compression rate is not the same,
and so is degradation when you do a JPEG compression.

Moreover, you don't even know if the JPEG configuration was the same
when making both images.

Here's another case... two uncompressed bitmaps I took from Aquamark 3:

That comparison is far more interessting indeed.

BUT you took PSP because you could'nt see the difference with your own
eye (nobody blames you, you're not the six million dollar man you're
just a regular human). I guess it is logical to say you won't see the
difference while playing either.

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/