Old July 10th 03, 07:21 PM
Andrew Lee

Yes, I took special care to apply plenty of thermal grease on the heatpipe
fittings. No crashes yet :-)

Andy.

"Groove" wrote in message
Andrew Lee said this...
OK guys, I've fitted the cooler and got it up and running... the silence
is almost deafening! It seems to be OK so far, but I touched both
heatsinks after leaving the computer on for 15 minutes, and it seems a
bit hot for my liking (although not untouchable).

I assume you were careful to get the thermal grease on the heatpipe
fittings etc as per their instructions. One of the website reviews I

looked
at mentioned a "bedding-in" period of IIRC 48 hours for the grease to
become fully effective. I don't know the truth of such a thing, but it may
be worth monitoring the temperature over a few days.

--
º~ dªv¡d ~º